In this day and age, streaming is the main way that most people consume music. However, there is a difference between listening to music for personal enjoyment and playing music in your business for your customers.
Most of the big music streamers are licensed to play music only for personal use. There is no “Spotify for Business” subscription, and as written in Spotify’s terms and conditions, it is for “personal, non-commercial use only.” As such, in order to play music legally for customers who come into their businesses, companies should subscribe to a business music provider like SoundMachine, which will license their music for legal use in their business locations.
However, that doesn’t mean the playlist you’ve spent hours curating on Spotify will go to waste. With SoundMachine, you have the ability to import your playlists from many different sources, such as Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube Music, and more.
Importing Playlists from Spotify: All the Customizability Without the Legal Problems
SoundMachine has partnered with third parties like Soundiiz that allow you to import playlists from Spotify and other music streamers directly into your SoundMachine account. The process is quite simple:
Once your playlists are imported into your SoundMachine account, they will be licensed for commercial use through SoundMachine and will be as usable as any other preset station in SoundMachine. While there may not be a Spotify business subscription, SoundMachine’s partnership with Soundiiz allows you to get all the convenience of the Spotify app while ensuring that the tracks are licensed to use as background music for business customers. The same is possible for many other streaming services.
Below is a video you can watch which explains importing playlists from Spotify.
Do You Want to Handle Everything from One Place? That Works too!
If you don’t want to import playlists into SoundMachine, you don’t have to. SoundMachine has everything you need to prepare the music experience for your business from its website alone.
- Is making playlists not your forte? SoundMachine has 500+ curated stations that are ready for use.
- Are you not finding what you’re looking for? Work with a designated music specialist to help you find exactly what you need.
- Do you want to schedule what time and what day your different stations play? You can easily create a schedule through SoundMachine’s “schedules” tab.
- Do you want to schedule messages or ads for your business to be played at opportune moments? You can do that through the “messaging” tab.
- Manage all locations from one centralized account. It doesn’t matter if you have locations in both the Deep South and Washington; your centralized account will allow you to maintain consistency in your brand, no matter where it is.
SoundMachine has everything you need and more. So what are you waiting for? Sign up for a free trial with SoundMachine today!